To get huge enough of customer or partner, your businesses need to present themselves and their products properly.
You need to do this in such a way that is guaranteed to get the attention of your audience and convince them of your value.
Stories, being as old as man, have been proven to be the ultimate persuasion tool. They are a universal language which bring people together no matter their race, culture, religion, etc.
Remember those days when you were much younger, your ears would spring up in excitement once your mother offers to put you to bed with a story.
I bet there’s no much difference between your love for stories then and now,
Despite the fact that you’re more mature now and obviously don’t need a story before going to bed. You sure wouldn’t reject a story if anyone offers to tell you one.
What are stories?
Stories are simply a description of an event, i.e. something that happened which may be either true or imaginary.
Storytelling is the act of telling stories.
Storytelling is a perfect marketing tool for any business because it creates credibility, trust and relatability in your prospects.
Stories connect people with other people, businesses, brands, products, and their dreams.
And businesses cannot succeed without this connection.
To market your product or service, you need to tell a story of the problem you’re solving with your product or service.
why should you tell stories for business to grow?
1. Storytelling shows empathy, it spurs up emotions in your prospects.
People buy based on emotions and justify with logic. As long as you can reach their emotions, you can get them to do anything.
2. Storytelling establishes a connection with your prospects and builds a common ground.
Stories keep you on the same page with your prospects and once you’re on the same page with them, you gain their trust.
3. Stories grab attention. No human ever rejects a story, humans are always eager to listen to a story.
Also, stories are memorable, they are hardly forgotten.
It is important you note this,
Communication is a key Ingredient in any business, no establishment or idea is formed without communication.
And successful communication is more than passing across your message;
It is about engaging your audience and the most effective way to engage an audience is through Storytelling
How do you tell stories for your business?
In Storytelling, not what we say matters but how we say it.
A single story can be told differently and would have different impact.
How you tell stories while marketing your business or brand matters a great deal as it can either make or mar you as a Business owner.
However, you should ensure your story is real and true because telling false stories about your brand or business can destroy your Brand reputation.
1. You need to have a core message in your story. What message are trying to pass across with your stories?
You need to first have your message in mind before crafting your story.
2. You need to have characters in your story, ensure your prospects see themselves in your characters, that would catch their attention and make them interested in what you have to offer.
3. Your story needs to have conflict and resolution.
You story can’t be all plain and rosy, introduce struggle or conflict in your story which is the problem you want to solve with your product or service and don’t forget to also show them the solution which is your product or service.
4. Finally, establish a call to action in your story. Now that you’ve successfully caught your prospects in the throat, you just can’t leave them hanging.
Tell them what you want them to do, ensure the call to action is as clear and precise and possible.