A beginner course on Android Application development
Table of Contents
What you’ll Learn
Have a good overview of the Java programming language
Install Android Studio and setup the environment
Debug an Android Application
Create a signed APK file to submit to the Google Play Store
Use Explicit and Implicit Intents
Make use of Fragments
Create a Custom List View
Create the Android Actionbar
Create a custom Toast
Use Shared Preferences, Files and SQLite
Use the AsyncTask class
Handle Android 6 Permissions
Save data in an online database (MBAAS – Backendless) and do User management
No prior knowledge required. Some programming background would be beneficial.
PC or Mac that can run Android Studio and the Android Virtual Device.
Android accounts for approximately 85% of all devices sold today (2017 Q1). It only makes sense for you to be developing applications for the Android platform.
I will take you through the basics of Android Application development, and introduce some more complex features as well. This includes the following:
- An extensive look at the Java programming language
- Introduction to Android, installing Android Studio.
- Create your first Android Application, learn to debug the application and learn how to create a signed APK that you can submit to the play store.
- Working with implicit and explicit intents
- Detailed example of how to work with Fragments
- Learn some customizations like a custom ListView, Toast, TextView and ActionBar
- Learn how to save data to the phone in the form of SharedPreferences, Files and SQLite
- Learn how to implement Android 6 Permissions
- Read data from a RSS feed and sending SMSes programmatically
- Learn how to save data online and do user management with Backendless (MBAAS)
By completing this course, you will have more than just basic knowledge of Android Application Development.
Join this course now!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner Android students that want to learn how to program for the Android Mobile platform
please don’t forget to share this page with your friends using social share button below.