10 THINGS EVERY UNDERGRADUATE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT EMPLOYMENT
1. Relatively refreshing life of an undergraduate never becomes hard while on study. The entry level student after high school is known as an undergraduate. Primarily undergraduate degree is of four year course which includes Degree courses, Diploma courses and Professional Certificate Courses. Undergraduate program varies from country to country. It is a four year course in Nigeria, two or three year course in South Africa, Three to Four year course in case of Brazil. Undergraduate could think of four year Bachelor degree program but there are a vast opportunities for employment. Undergraduates are decided to research their knowledge and skills they need to thrive in the field to shine. Undergraduate students should propel career options in technology, science, consulting, pharmacy, health sector and financial services. But before choosing and employment aspect, the first thing you need to do is to think. Think about your needs, think about your professional life and think about your future plans. The work environment and the direction of your career need to begin the process of outlasting. Everyone need to be employed, but the undergraduates feels pressured at some point by their parents, relatives and friends.
2. Undergraduates gets pressured by some situations where they want to move into a job not really mend for them. Considering your degree, outline the kind of job you are interested with. Try and keep a clear goal to choose the right job which suits you based on the level of education you have done. To take right decision for your career, you need to take some career tests offered by career advisor in your college. It will make you figure out the right career path for you. Then start looking out for your first job which suits your interest and knowledge. You would have a dream to work in any industry, stick to it, then search for job that would make right step to climb the ladder.
3. Choosing career options: – Suppose if you have major knowledge in sales sector, the employment you find in a field relevant to sales would be at a managerial level. Particularly deciding about job, choose around two to three back-up options so you can make strong decisions and decide one.
4. Priority first in every sense: – Investing at the right time to figuring your preferences are most important. This will be in consideration to location, where would you stay, how much you would travel, your interest in kind of industrial sectors or like to work in well – established company, the expectations of your pay and on top priority, suitable office timings. Freshly passed undergraduates overlook on these since they need an immediate quick job. The undergraduates are advised to give more attention to all these thoughts to choose whether you are happy or not with your new job. Make a clear balance on your job goals.
5. Questioning about the job: – After choosing the right job, you would have more questions regarding your profession. Ask more questions regarding job if you didn’t try to ask at the beginning of choosing a job.
6. Say No to delay: – Professional decision after graduation is an incorrect decision. This advice may cost future opportunities. So start getting future job advice while on undergraduation. Students who prefer accounting like to work as Receptionist in a local office, students with major subject as history could do an internship in a local gallery. Some universities are offering program on work and study. This program doesn’t give a guaranteed job for the students. The job opportunities may differ from campus and outside campus opportunities with a minimum wage. So, you need any job to balance your low wage.
7. Choose paid internship: – Today’s undergraduates are jobless and get training due to unpaid internship. But every candidate would get job as well as satisfied training in paid internship. Graduates would not say they are unhappy with their level of education. You would get your dream job if you don’t even enroll to a post-graduation program. You have a good knowledge by your undergraduation program.
8. Amplify your ability: – Students learn various skills in undergraduation days which are closely related to career. Many companies expect candidates with more capabilities and abilities to work in diverse options. Anthropology students may opt for business courses, photography students may take arts and graphic designing courses to build up their knowledge and creativity. Some jobs and colleges opt for candidates who have knowledge of typing. If typing speed is slow, increase your typing speed and accuracy level by taking nearby typing classes.
9. Getting latest updates: – Be up-to-date with the last industry trends and technology, since companies need candidates who are up to date and getting updates with latest news on industry and technology not only meets your needs in company, but also avoids you from lack of knowledge. Have a visit at your nearby library or college library, have some journals in front of you and gain knowledge by referring journals. Try to use Google and stay updated with the latest trends related to the level of your education. Refer newspapers every day to gain knowledge on science, technology, sports and currencies.
10. Preparing your CV: – Preparing first CV may be complicated for candidates who are new to getting idea on preparing a CV. Get the correct format of CV before entering your details. The first thing to enter into a CV is your educational qualification which may vary between candidates who did undergraduation after different educational stream. Highlighting your skills could be one more option after your educational qualification. Enter your hobbies and interests which may highlight your ability to the employer. Make all the details entering in the CV be true up to your knowledge. Having more experience seems to be most surprising for recruiters to hire you. Spend time in getting and experience in your relevant educational field as there are many companies who hire you as a paid intern so you get an experience and your experience plays major part mentioning in your CV.
Be confident, courageous and be true to yourself while attending an interview. You will get hired and truly shine in your future.
Confluence University of Science and Technology (Custech) Admission Form 2020/2021 Session is Out
The management of Confluence University Of Science and Technology have announced the sale of forms for the 2020/2021 academic session.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Confluence University Of Science And Technology (CUSTECH), Osara, Kogi State, Bachelor Of Science (B.Sc) Degree programmes for the 2020/2021 academic session that the admission process is now open.
(i) Only candidates with current UTME results for on-going 2020/2021 admission exercise will be considered;
(ii) The candidates MUST have scored NOT LESS than the approved National minimum score for the 2020/2021 UTME university admissions;
(iii) Candidates MUST have taken the right UTME subject combinations as prescribed in the JAMB Brochure for their intended courses/programmes. For ease of reference, candidates may refer to the table below; and
(iv) All candidates must possess a minimum of five ‘O’ Level credits, including English Language and Mathematics, in subjects relevant to their proposed courses/programmes at not more than two sittings, as provided below.
UTME ENTRY REQUIREMENT INTO DEGREE PROGRAMMES
|Compulsory||Elective (with one of the following)|
|1||Computer Science||Mathematics and Physics||Biology, Chemistry|
|2||Cyber Security Science|
|5||Biochemistry||Biology and Chemistry||Physics, Mathematics|
|8||Chemistry||Chemistry and Biology||Physics, Mathematics|
|9||Mathematics||Mathematics and Physics||Chemistry, Economics, Geography|
|10||Statistics||Mathematics and Physics||Chemistry, Economics, Geography|
|11||Physics||Physics and Mathematics||Chemistry, Biology|
O’LEVEL ENTRY REQUIREMENT INTO DEGREE PROGRAMMES
|1||Computer Science||English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any one of Biology or Geography|
|2||Cyber Security Science|
|5||Biochemistry||English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology|
|7||Biology||English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and any other Science subject. At least a Pass in Physics is required|
|8||Chemistry||English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and either Biology or Agricultural Science|
|9||Mathematics/Statistics||English Language, Mathematics, Physics, with any two of Chemistry, Further Mathematics, Economics, Biology/Agricultural Science, Technical Drawing|
|10||Physics||English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry with any of Biology, Agricultural Science, Geography or IT related subjects|
HOW TO OBTAIN CUSTECH B.SC FORM
- Go to Confluence University Of Science And Technology admission application portal at https://eportal.custech.edu.ng/.
- #1. Click “Apply For Admission” Link
- #2. Fill the online form correctly and click the submit Link
- #3. After step #2 above is successful, you would be asked to open an application account
- #4. In the process of opening your account use a password that you would always remember.
CUSTECH Cut Off Mark For 2021/2022 Admission – [All Departments]
Confluence University of Science and Technology Osara, Cut-Off Marks for 2020/2021 Admissions – CUSTECH Departmental Cut-Off marks for the 2020/2021 academic session.
Are you an aspirant of the Confluence University Of Science And Technology (CUSTECH)? Do you want to know the 2020 departmental cut-off marks of CUSTECH? We have got you covered with all aspect of CUSTECH cut-off marks for the 2020/2021 academic session.
Authorities of Confluence University Of Science And Technology – (CUSTECH), have released the Cut-off Mark for 2020/2021 academic session, below is the officially approved minimum mark for 2020/2021 Admission exercise.
CUSTECH CUT OFF MARK
The minimum Post Utme score requirement for Confluence University Of science And Technology is 170 and you are expected to pass this cut-off mark far above it so that your chances of getting admitted will increase for your due course.
CUSTECH DEPARTMENTAL CUT OFF MARK
The Confluence University of Science And Technology (CUSTECH) Departmental Cut-Off Marks are as follows:-
School Of Information And Communication Technology
- Computer Science – 200
- Cyber Security Science (CSS) – 200
School Of Electrical And Engineering Technology
- Computer Engineering – 200
- Telecommunication Engineering – 180
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering – 190
- Mechatronics Engineering
School Of Science & Technology Education
- Science Education – 170
- Educational Technology – 170
School Of Life Science (sls)
- Biology – 170
- Biochemistry – 190
- Microbiology – 190
School Of Physical Sciences (sps)
- Mathematics – 180
- Chemistry – 180
- Physics – 180
- Statistics – 180
- Geography – 180
- Geology – 180
School Of Agriculture
- Agriculture – 170
- Food Science & Technology – 180
- Water Resources, Aquaculture & Fisheries – 170
CUSTECH NATURE OF ADMISSION SCREENING
Due to the university is new, students wishing to study at Confluence University Of Science And Technology (CUSTECH), the admission processes will not be competitive and admissions will be given based on your Cut-Off Mark.
For an applicant to be eligible for the CUSTECH post UTME screening exercise he/she must have scored 170 and above, candidates who meet the cut-off mark will be offered admission in due course, while candidates who scored below the CUSTECH cut off marks won’t be offered admission.
Federal Polytechnic Kaura Namoda [FEDPONAM] Admission List 2021/2022
Federal Polytechnic Kaura Namoda Admission List – The lists of candidates offered admission into the Federal Polytechnic Kaura Namoda (FEDPONAM), Zamfara, National Diploma (ND) full-time programmes for the 2020/2021 academic session are out.
The management of the Federal Polytechnic Kaura Namoda (FEDPONAME), Zamfara, has released the National Diploma (ND) full-time admission list for the 2020/2021 academic session.
Candidates that applied for Federal Polytechnic Kaura Namoda can now check their admission status online, follow the procedure below.
How to Check Federal Polytechnic Kaura Namoda [fedponam] Admission List
- Visit >> https://portal.fedponam.edu.ng/portal/Addmissionlist
- Select the batch (1, 2, 3, 4 etc)
- Select Academic Session (ie 2020/2021)
- Then select your School
If admitted follow below procedure to complete your registration. If not admitted, always sign in your account and check after few weeks.
Federal Polytechnic Kaura Namoda Registration Procedure
- Visit >> https://fedponam.edu.ng and print your provisional offer of admission.
- Click >> (Student Registration) button from the Student Portal to continue with your Registration after making Registration Payment.
Education3 months ago
How to Apply Laraba ICT and International Languages Institute
Information3 months ago
4 WAYS TO GENERATE IDEAS FOR YOUR BOOK
Blogging3 months ago
How To Force Download Media Files On WordPress Website
Education2 months ago
List of Courses Offered at Confluence University Of Science And Technology Osara (CUSTECH)
Information3 months ago
5 TOOLS FOR DIGITAL CREATION YOU SHOULD KNOW
Information3 months ago
How To Promote Your Business With Storytelling
Education2 months ago
Beautiful Pictures Of Laraba ICT and International Languages Institute – Kaduna
Blogging3 months ago
How To Install WordPress Plugins