Samsung’s Galaxy F42 5G is a powerful mid-range smartphone that is been released September 29th, 2021. It’s a natural fit as a follow-up to the Galaxy F41, which was released last year. It has a more competent processor, a higher refresh rate, more RAM, and other features as a sequel. It’s a good idea to read over this article to see whether it fits your requirements.
Table of Contents
Key Specifications and Features of the Samsung Galaxy F42 5G
- 6.6 inches TFT Display, 1080 x 2408 Pixels, 90Hz Refresh Rate (~400 PPI)
- Android 11, One UI Core 3.1
- MediaTek Dimensity 700 5G (7 nm)
- 6GB / 8GB RAM
- 128GB Built-in Storage up to 256GB Memory Card
- 64MP + 5MP + 2MP Triple Rear Cameras
- 8MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Scanner (side-mounted)
- 5G Network
- Fast Charging (25W Capacity)
- Non-Removable 5000 mAh Li-Ion Battery
Design and Display
When comparing the Samsung Galaxy F42 5G to the F41, it’s clear that Samsung made an attempt to give a unique design. Both the front and the back have distinct design elements.
On the back, you’ll see that Samsung used square camera modules with the cameras aligned in a horizontal / vertical hybrid, rather than the F41’s vertical arrangement. This year, Samsung ditched the rear-mounted fingerprint sensor in favor of a site-mounted one.
The absence of a gradient color system and the presence of a micro-line pattern can also be found on the back. The position and prominence of the Samsung branding, on the other hand, did not change, indicating that this is a Samsung smartphone.
Moving on, we see that Samsung chose a drop notch rather a v-shaped notch this year. Unlike its predecessor, which had a rounded edge notch.
The display itself is a 6.6-inch display, which is somewhat larger than the F41’s 6.4-inch display. The F41’s display, on the other hand, is built on an AMOLED panel, which is richer than the galaxy F42’s TFT panel.
The F42 also has a 90Hz refresh rate instead of the 60Hz refresh rate found in the F41. So, instead of a richer AMOLED panel, we got a larger, higher refresh rate display.
There are two color options available here. This smartphone will be available in Matte Aqua and Matte Black for those interested.
Although the cameras on the F42 5G are impressive, there is no denying that the F41 is better equipped. This is true for both the front and rear configurations.
We have a 64MP + 5MP + 2MP setup on the back, which reads primary, ultrawide, and depth, as opposed to the 64MP + 8MP + 5MP setup on the f41, which also reads primary, ultrawide, and depth.
Furthermore, the F42’s rear-facing video recording is limited to 1080p @ 30fps, as opposed to 4k @ 30fps on the F41.
In comparison to the 32MP camera on the F42, we have an 8MP camera for selfies. 1080p @ 30fps video recording is also available.
Hardware and Software
The Samsung Galaxy F42 5G outperforms the Galaxy F41 in terms of performance, thanks to its more competent processor (the MediaTek Dimensity 700 5G), which is faster than the Exynos 9611 on the Galaxy F41.
Furthermore, we now have 6GB and 8GB RAM options, as opposed to just 6GB RAM on its predecessor. Both smartphones, however, offer 128GB of internal storage.
The battery capacity is reduced slightly, since we get a 5000mAh battery instead of the 7000mAh battery seen on the F41. It’s also worth noting that both devices use the same 15W charging system.
On the software side, the Android 11 operating system runs the One UI core 3.1 user interface.
A 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C connector with OTG support, and low-energy Bluetooth 5.0 are all included in the Samsung Galaxy F42 5G.
Because Internet connectivity is limited to 5G, enthusiasts will be able to use this item with 5G connectivity.
Samsung Galaxy F42 5G: Official Price & Store to Buy
The Samsung Galaxy F42 5G costs roughly $278, which is equivalent to ₦115,000 Naira in Nigeria, 1,682 GHC in Ghana, and 30,789 Kenyan Shillings.
Samsung Galaxy F42 5G Released Date:
The Samsung Galaxy F42 5G was unveiled on September 29th, 2021, and is set to be released later that month.
Samsung Galaxy F42 5G: Full Specifications
The Samsung Galaxy F42 5G has the following specifications:
- Platform: Android 11, One UI Core 3.1
- Processor: MediaTek MT6833 Dimensity 700 5G (7 nm) (2×2.2 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2
- Memory: 6GB / 8GB RAM
- Colours: Matte Aqua, Matte Black
- Dimension: 167.2 x 76.4 x 9 mm
- Weight: 203 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.6-inches TFT 1080 x 2408 Pixels, ~82.1% screen-to-body ratio, ~400 PPI, 90HZ Refresh Rate
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Primary)f/1.8 + 5MP (Ultrawide) 115˚ + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, Panorama, HDR, 1080p@30fps
- Front Camera: 8MP, f/2.0, 1080p@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes (Dedicated Slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: SA/NSA/Sub6
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA
- Video Player: MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 5000mAh Li-Po
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: –
Watch It Live: Samsung Galaxy F42 Review
The Samsung Galaxy F42 5G is a wonderful device which you can use around the world, best mid range phone with 5,000mah.